It's only the beginning 2012 and Denver has said goodbye to Pearl Street Grill, OTOTO, India's Pearl, M&D's Cafe, Se7en, California Cafe and Bites. A couple restaurants will also close and become new establishments. Garbor's, a true vet with more then 30 years of service, will close in coming months and Marion Street Tavern will take its place. Izakaya Den will move down Pearl Street by the year's end to make room for a new brew pub concept from Wynkoop and Breckenridge breweries.
Know of a restaurant closing its doors or changing concepts? Leave Eater Denver a tip. Don't send money — use that for a nice, stiff drink — but please do e-mail us anything you think we might want to know. Any gossip, news, documented shenanigans, exciting extravaganzas, silly receipts, stolen goods, cheer or jeers: it's all good.
· OTOTO Closes, Sushi Den to Acquire PSG [EDen]
· California Cafe Heads Back to California [EDen]
· India's Pearl Joins Pearl Street Death Toll [EDen]
· Garbor's Will Close [Westword]
· Bites bites the dust [Westword]
· Wynkoop/Breckenridge Concept to Take Izakaya Space [EDen]
OTOTO [Photo: Adam Larkey]