- Johnny Ballen and chef Max MacKissock will reopen The Squeaky Bean at 1500 Wynkoop St. sometime this spring. Stay tuned for details.
- Lucky Pie Pizza & Tap House, a Neapolitan pizzeria that started in Louisville, will open its doors at 1610 16th St. within the next couple of weeks.
- Hugo Matheson and Kimbal Musk of The Kitchen operations in Boulder are opening The Kitchen Denver at 1530 16th St. sometime in mid-March.
- The Colt & Gray expansion and addition of St. Ellie (a cocktail destination) will open at 1553 Platte St. in June.
- Isiah Salazar and chef Lance Barto will open Central Bistro and Bar next month at 1621 Central St. in LoHi.
- The folks behind Steuben's and Vesta Dipping Grill are converting an old auto repair shop next to Steuben's at 523 E. 17th Ave into a new restaurant/ping pong hall. Opening details are TBA.
- Punch Bowl Social, Robert Thompson's bowling alley and social eatery at 65 S. Broadway, should be shaping up for a March opening.
- Gary Lee's Motor Club at 176 S. Broadway is slated to open early March. The bar and restaurant will specialize in cheese and smoked meat and feature live music
- Adrift, a tiki-themed restaurant and bar, will open this spring at 218 S. Broadway.
There's a lot in store for this city in 2012, especially in the coming months. Lucky Pie Pizza & Tap House, Gary's Motor Club, The Kitchen Denver and Punch Bowl Social should all be opening within the next month. We're also gearing up to welcome Adrift, The Squeaky Bean, St. Ellie and a new concept from the Steuben's and Vesta Dipping Grill team. Take a look at our plywood photos and get excited for what's to come.