Denver's Spring Plywood Report
- Johnny Ballen and chef Max MacKissock will reopen The Squeaky Bean at 1500 Wynkoop St. sometime this spring. Stay tuned for details.
- Lucky Pie Pizza & Tap House, a Neapolitan pizzeria that started in Louisville, will open its doors at 1610 16th St. within the next couple of weeks.
- Hugo Matheson and Kimbal Musk of The Kitchen operations in Boulder are opening The Kitchen Denver at 1530 16th St. sometime in mid-March.
- The Colt & Gray expansion and addition of St. Ellie (a cocktail destination) will open at 1553 Platte St. in June.
- Isiah Salazar and chef Lance Barto will open Central Bistro and Bar next month at 1621 Central St. in LoHi.
- The folks behind Steuben's and Vesta Dipping Grill are converting an old auto repair shop next to Steuben's at 523 E. 17th Ave into a new restaurant/ping pong hall. Opening details are TBA.
- Punch Bowl Social, Robert Thompson's bowling alley and social eatery at 65 S. Broadway, should be shaping up for a March opening.
- Gary Lee's Motor Club at 176 S. Broadway is slated to open early March. The bar and restaurant will specialize in cheese and smoked meat and feature live music
- Adrift, a tiki-themed restaurant and bar, will open this spring at 218 S. Broadway.