- The front dining room includes a variety of seating options, including high top tables and bar seating. The sustainable seafood bar can be observed at the end of the bar.
- There are 10 wines by the glass offered on tap at The Kitchen Denver.
- The front dining room view from the center dining space, located next to the open kitchen.
- The open kitchen sits between the two dining rooms and looks out to window seating and an outdoor patio.
- The rear dining room (aka 'The Wine Room') will host community nights every Monday where up to 50 people will be served four family style courses.
Tuesday is a big day — The Kitchen Denver will finally open to the public. After eight years of driving to Boulder for the locally sourced food that so many of us have to come crave, we can now venture to 16th and Wazee for the good stuff, plus some extra offerings that are exclusive to the Denver location. Chef/co-owners Hugo Matheson and Kimbal Musk, along with design director/co-founder Jen Lewin, have transformed the former Gumbo's space into an impressive multi-dining room restaurant equipped with a large bar, an open kitchen and a sustainable raw bar. It's definitely bigger than the cozy Boulder location, and even though Boulder still has The Kitchen [Upstairs] and The Kitchen [Next Door], it won't be long before Denver has a Kitchen [Next Door] as well. Musk says they're already eyeing locations for next expansion.
We'll have some more operation details shortly, but these lovely photos just couldn't wait.
Jen Lewin, Kimbal Musk, Hugo Matheson [Photo: New Hope]