Gather, the new eatery directed by ChoLon chef Lon Symensma in the Golden Triangle, opened its doors this morning at 7 a.m. Guests were greeted with a variety of freshly-baked goods and hot coffee. Pastry chef Deanna Scimio, formerly of Frasca and Fruition among others, prepared morning treats like blue cheese walnut and cherry almond scones, blueberry and lemon muffins, croissants, including pain au chocolat and a ham & cheese version, as well as yogurt and granola parfait, chocolate pop-overs, and salted caramel chocolate cookies.
Josh Pollack of Rosenberg's Bagels and Delicatessen turned on the oven and launched his bagels and "flagels" (smaller, flat bagels) in four classic versions - plain, sesame, poppy, and everything. Pollack serves his doughy creations with triple whipped cream cheese in three variations - plain, veggie, and scallion-chive. The lox served with these NYC-style bagels are made by chef Scott Parker from Table 6.
- Entry view of Gather
- The food and bar areas
- View from the bar into the rest of the space
- Transition area: reception desk for Galvanize
- No frills, yet high-tech shared office spaces at Galvanize
- The coffee and food bar area closes with a fully-operable garage door
- The bar, complete with TV screens behind it
- Pour over coffee set-up
- Pour over coffee set-up in action
- Josh Pollack temporarily bakes and permanently serves his bagels here
- Indestructible plateware at Gather
- Living room-like space at Gather
The coffee at Gather comes from cultivators, Ninety Plus - a Galvanize-member company. Ninety Plus is a producer and developer of boutique coffee. The coffee is grown at the Ninety Plus Gesha Estates in Panama and with select co-producers in Ethiopia. Gather features pour-over coffees at its slow bar, as well as espressos, lattes, cappuccino, and other more common preparations.
The lunch menu at Gather will roll out in exactly one week and will feature many top items from local artisans and producers like Grateful Bread, Tender Belly, Fruition Farms, and more. In the meantime, this small cafe, eatery, and bar will start to inch its way into the hearts of those who work in the building at Galvanize, as well as the wider Golden Triangle community.
· Gather Brings Pastry Chef Deanna Scimio on Board [EDen]
· NYC Bagels Come to Denver Through Rosenberg Bagels & Delicatessen [EDen]
· ChoLon Chef Lon Symensma Announces Gather, a New Cafe Downtown [EDen]