To celebrate Cocktail Week, Eater teamed up with some of our favorite bars around town and asked them to create special drinks. While last year we reached out to no less than twenty watering holes for special drinks, this time we chose only five to feature specially crafted Eater Cocktail Week drinks. The five bartenders who created the drinks are all women and each of them chose one or more Colorado spirits to mix in their beverages. They are not only offering these cocktails at their bars all week, but they also shared the recipes so you can make them yourself.
This week, Allison Widdecombe of Williams & Graham shared Leo's Revenge, Amy Kempster of Colt & Gray the Maeby, Kyla Ostler of the Kitchen the Tartan Spritzer, and Regan Horacek of ACE the Press & Cask. For the last special Eater cocktail of the week, Alex Parks of Acorn shares the Vice President. Before we share that recipe, we encourage you to visit these five places this weekend and try the Eater Special Drinks.
A Denver native who has a Biochemistry degree, Alex Parks is working wonders mixing drinks at Acorn and Oak at Fourteenth for nearly a year as their Caretaker of Booze. She used Breckenridge bourbon for this cocktail, a spirit that was just awarded 96 points in the Ultimate Spirits Challenge. "It is one of the highest rated spirits in the world and ranked higher than Pappy 23 year. Colorado proud!" Alex shared.
The Vice President
Served long drink style
Garnish: compressed orange
· Press & Cask From Regan Horacek of ACE [EDen]
· Tartan Spritzer From Kyla Ostler of the Kitchen [EDen]
· Maeby From Amy Kempster of Colt & Gray [EDen]
· Leo's Revenge From Allison Widdecombe of Williams & Graham [EDen]
· The Cocktail Heatmap: A Guide to Where to Drink Now [EDen]
· Lucinda Sterling on Transcontinental Bartending, Scrutiny Behind The Bar, [EDen]
· All Cocktail Week 2013 Coverage [EDen]
Alex Parks of Acorn [Photo: Adam Larkey]