The restaurant space located at 3609 W. 32nd Avenue, formerly home of Venue Bistro, has been the target of speculations as far as a new tenant for months. One of the loudest rumors around town and in the Highlands neighborhood was that Smashburger, a locally-based burger chain, was planning a new location in that space. That is not happening. The team at Smashburger put an end to the rumors today. "It is a great space and we did look at it," said Stacie Lange, a spokesperson for Smashburger. "However, it does not meet our current real estate criteria, so we passed on it," she added.
The other rumor is that Gypsy Kitchen, the full-on restaurant iteration of a pop-up dinner concept, would occupy the former Venue spot. Chef Jon Robbins, formerly of Mizuna, who is behind the Gypsy Kitchen concept, has confirmed that he is close to inking a deal for a location, but he has yet to release details on where that may be. Stay tuned.
· Jon Robbins Is Expanding Gypsy Kitchen Into a Restaurant [EDen]
· Highlands Square Is Changing: Anthony's Pizza Shuttered [EDen]
· Matador to Open in the Former Heidi's Space [EDen]
· Ink! Coffee Will Occupy Common Grounds Space [EDen]
· Venue Closes Its Doors Quietly [EDen]