Second Home Kitchen + Bar [Photo: Second Home]
On Sunday June 16, many of Denver and Boulder's restaurants are rolling out menu items with Dad in mind. Here are ten options that will keep your barbecue lovin', whiskey drinkin' Dad satiated this Father's Day.
1. Gypsy Kitchen— Let Denver's pop-up supper club pioneered by chef Jon Robbins and his partner Alex Kayir wow Dad this year with fresh recipes and an inventive menu paired with wines. You never quite know what Gypsy Kitchen will serve or where they will serve it. Get the details on their Father's Day dinner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Second Home Kitchen + Bar— Celebrate Dad with the kickoff of Beef, Bourbon and Beer nights at Second Home Kitchen + Bar. Enjoy a complimentary Breckenridge Bourbon or Colorado beer with the order of a grilled beef filet or grilled steak and frites Beef, Bourbon and Beer nights every Tuesday throughout the summer. For details, call 303.253.3000.
3. Central Bisto & Bar— Fathers receive one free dram of whiskey for each child that they bring to dinner at Central Bistro & Bar. The prix fixe meal includes a choice of pork cheeks, grilled spring onions, watermelon and capicola salad, grilled NY strip steak, pan seared chicken breast, a nutella waffle, and devils food cake. Dinner is served from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call 303.477.4582 for reservations.
4. Larkburger— Dads get a free burger at all Larkburger locations when they stop in with their kids this Father's Day. For details, visit larkburger.com.
5. EDGE Restaurant & Bar— This Cadillac of a brunch features three courses and free test drives of Cadiallc's new ATS, CTS, Escalade, and SRX vehicles. Tickets are $55 for adults and $25 for children under 12. Call 303.389.3050 to reserve your spot between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
6. SALT the Bistro— Boulder's SALT the Bistro will serve a whiskey-themed barbecue feast this Father's Day. Three courses of Teton Waters Ranch Beef and Tender Belly Pork will feature housemade barbecue sauce that incorporates a different Colorado made whiskey. Dinner costs $45 per person with an optional whiskey pairing available. Call 303.444.SALT for reservations.
7. Denver Beer Co.— For a more laid-back Dad's day experience, head to Denver Beer Co. for a VIP tour and tasting from noon to 4 p.m. $15 tours with the brewer include five beer samples, and The Bistro Colorado Food Truck will be onsite serving lunch. For more details visit denverbeerco.com.
8. Bacon Cakes— Glaze Baum Cakes and Tender Belly collaborated to make a cinnamon roll cake for Dad with maple butter cream and chopped bacon filling. The cake will be covered in a maple rum glaze and topped off with more bacon. Reserve yours by calling 720.387.7890.
9. ELWAY'S Downtown— A special Father's Day menu is available at ELWAY's Downtown starting Thursday June 13. Guests will enjoy a 20 oz. prime T-bone steak, a fully loaded baked potato and cheesecake with fresh strawberries. $60 tickets include ELWAY'S signature steak rub and am apron for Dad. Call 303.312.3107 for reservations.
10. Fogo de Chão — Treat Dad to a meaty dining experience at Denver's Fogo de Chão, a Brazilian steakhouse (albeit a chain), where guests will be served the restaurant's 16 signature cuts of meat served tableside from roasting skewers. All Dads will receive a gift card to enjoy a complimentary Fogo lunch or dinner in future. Reservations can be made at fogodechao.com.