Max MacKissock, the acclaimed chef who left the Squeaky Bean weeks ago, along with his sous chef Blake Edmunds, will begin to cook tonight at the popular Williams & Graham speakeasy. The Denver dining community was at first shocked when the kitchen duo decided to give up the stoves in LoDo and then filled with anticipation of their next move.
And now, the anticipation is gone. The nearly two-year old bar owned by Sean Kenyon and Todd Colehour has brought MacKissock and Edmunds on board effective immediately, after letting go chef David Baumgardner.
"Right now, we are cooking and preparing for tonight," MacKissock said. "Blake and I are going to be here now - for a while- to work on the food program at Williams & Graham. We are going to take it in a little bit of a different direction but I can't say we are there quite yet, so give us a little bit of time if you want to try it" he added.
When he left the Squeaky Bean, the chef did mention that his goal to open up his new place. And that is, most likely, not off the table. But for the time being, those eager to have MacKissock's food can find him at this LoHi hotspot that just got much hotter.
· Mass Exodus at the Bean: Max MacKissock Leaves [EDen]
· Squeaky Bean Bar Shake Up: Sean Kenyon and Nick Touch Out [EDen]
· Denver Chefs Recognized as James Beard Semi-Finalists [EDen]
· The Squeaky Bean Among Bon Appetit's 50 Best New Restaurants [EDen]
· Chef Theo Adley Will Take Over the Stoves at the Squeaky Bean [EDen]