Just two days ago, Pizzeria Locale announced its second Denver location, bringing its fast casual concept created in partnership with Chipotle to the Highlands Square. In May of 2013, however, when the first Denver location opened, Bobby Stuckey and Lachlan Patterson, the founders of the pizzeria, stayed mum about their deep-pocketed and savvy partner.
From examining the personal relationship that Chipotle founder Steve Ells has with the Boulder duo who also owns Frasca Food and Wine, to finding early clues and trying to understand the timing of the announcement, Eater National revealed how the two companies managed to keep their partnership a secret. The full story is available on Eater National.
· How Chipotle and Pizzeria Locale Pulled Off Their Secret Partnership [EN]
· Pizzeria Locale Going Into Common Grounds Space [EDen]
· Pizzeria Locale Opens in Denver [EDen]
· Pizzeria Locale Announces Partnership With Chipotle [EDen]
· All Pizza Week 2014 Coverage [EDen]