Earlier this week, bartender Melissa Durant of Acorn showed off her speed cocktailing skills in the SpeedRack competition in San Diego.
Durant made it to the top eight of this regional round, but was eliminated in the semi-finals. There is however, one more chance to send a Denver representative to the national round in New York: the wildcard. To get that spot, she needs those who support her to vote for her here.
"Speed Rack is a national cocktail competition featuring top female bartenders in key cocktail markets, putting them head to head in round robin-style timed and judged challenges. It is the first competition to highlight the up and coming generation of strong women in the spirits industry," the official website says.
Practicing looks like this:
From left to right, Durant was mock-making a vodka martini, a Fitzgerald, a daiquiri, and a margarita.
Voting ends tomorrow, Thursday March 6.
· San Diego Wild Card [SpeedRack]
· Speed Cocktailing Practice: Melissa Durant of Acorn [EDen]
· Speed Rack [Official Website]
· Denver's Bartenders Uncovered: Melissa Durant of Acorn [EDen]
· The Cocktail Heatmap: A Guide to Where to Drink Now [EDen]