2014 is a big year for the Denver dining scene, which experienced a slew of restaurant openings, upwards of 100 from the beginning of June until now. And though the season is changing, there are still plenty more to look forward to—even beyond the 15 Most Anticipated Fall Openings. Here are five more establishments coming to (or back to) the scene this fall.
Where: 3350 Brighton Boulevard, inside the Source
What: A casual community bar with an emphasis on social drinking cultures. A tour of options includes Ti'Punch from the French parts of the Caribbean, Spanish sherry, and more local customs like juleps or a beer-and-shot.
Who: Mary Allison Wright, whose partner Mclain Hedges owns the Proper Pour bottle shop.
Anticipated opening: September 24
· Yacht Club Will Drop Anchor at the Source [EDen]
Where: 2233 Larimer Street, the former Twelve space
What: A rustic American eatery and butcher shop, focusing on Colorado-sourced meats like beef, lamb, pork, and poultry. Look for dishes like cassoulet, house-made charcuterie, bone marrow, short ribs, and sausage-sampler plates.
Who: Tyson Holzheimer and Scott Bauer, both Snooze veterans.
Anticipated opening: Early October
· Jeff Osaka Will Close Twelve and Expand Osaka Ramen [EDen]
Where: 494 East 19th Avenue, in the One City Block Apartments development
What: Version 2.0 of the popular dessert bar, which will feature more space, a full bar, and an expanded menu.
Who: Acclaimed pastry chefs Keegan Gerhard and Lisa Bailey.
Anticipated opening: Early November
· Big Equipment Phase In D Bar's New Space In Uptown [EDen]
· D Bar To Get New Digs, Stays True To Uptown [EDen]
Where: 2927 Larimer Street, located on an auto parts salvage property
What: More than 6,000 square feet of space will be designated for six or so rotating food trucks, and the bar—inside a weathered old home—will pay tribute to New Orleans classic cocktails with a "vagabond Americana" theme.
Who: Noah Price, co-owner of the Populist and Crema Coffeehouse, his business partner Thomas Taylor, and whisky brand ambassador Robert Sickler.
Anticipated opening: Mid-December
· Fall Preview: The Best New Cocktail Bars Opening in 2014 [Details]
· The Populist's Noah Price Opening Finn's Manor, a Food Truck Pod and Cocktail Bar [Cafe Society]
Where: 1950 West 32nd Avenue
What: A neighborhood tavern, serving as the more casual offshoot of adjacent sister establishment Williams & Graham.
Who: Award-winning barman Sean Kenyon and business partner Todd Colehour.
Anticipated opening: December
· Williams & Graham Remodels, the Occidental Is Coming [EDen]
· Denver's 15 Most Anticipated Fall Restaurant Openings [EDen]
· Road to Tales of the Cocktail: Randy Layman's Journal [EDen]
· A Handy Guide to Dining in the Uptown Neighborhood [EDen]