Trick out your sweater with lights and glitter. Add ornaments and evergreen branches. Don't be shy: Add garlands and maybe even a wreath to your masterpiece. Now clear your calendar and rock your colorful outrageous holiday outfit at one of these shindigs.
- Dunbar on Welton Street is hosting an ugly sweater party on December 18 in collaboration with Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Drink specials on Buffalo Trace will include $5 shots, $7 eggnog, and $9 Manhattans and Old Fashioneds. There will be cash prizes awarded to the ugliest of ugly Christmas sweaters. More information on the event is available on the spot's Facebook page.
- The META Ugly Sweater Holiday Party will go down on Saturday, December 19 from 7 to 11 p.m. at Ratio Beerworks. A festive event for the crossover between ugly sweater owners and motorcycle enthusiasts, the party will also feature prizes for ugliest sweaters throughout the night. More details are available online.
- On Saturday, December 19 at 7 p.m., Declaration Brewing will host an 80's Ugly Sweater Mustache Party, giving dudes enough time to fluff up their mustaches for next weekend. Fun, games, prizes, music, and beer will be had by all. Check out the event's Facebook page for more info.
- The Ugly Sweater Run 5K will take place at Dick's Sporting Goods park on Saturday, December 19 at 11 a.m. sharp. Runners can immediately replace the calories they've burned with Kahlua cocktails, Sam Adams beverages, and hot chocolate. Awards will be given to fastest runners, ugliest sweaters, and burliest beards. For details and to register for the run, visit the website.
- Vine Street Pub & Brewery is fun for both adults and children this holiday season. The older set can sip on wintry brews while kids meet Santa on Monday, December 21 at 5:30 p.m.. Live holiday music will follow Santa's appearance and anyone wearing an ugly sweater receives happy hour prices on beer all night. Call the pub at 303.338.2337 for more info.