As diners, we're on the hunt for venues and experiences to savor with satisfaction, rarely seeking to out poor performances or mediocre meals. Consumers of both food and media focused on food, however, are drawn like moths to the flame when scathing restaurant reviews emerge from incensed eaters.
Local brunch blogger, Lauren Monitz spewed her critical assessment of five local eateries last week – though unlikely in jest for the foolish holiday festivities – following a series of laudatory reviews on the Denver dining scene in Westword. "I feel it is necessary to share some of my biggest letdowns in the Denver dining industry," she wrote for The DownLo.
Her thumbs-down honors covered:
- The worst mac and cheese – Williams & Graham
- The worst deep dish pizza – Denver Deep Dish
- The worst lobster – Stoic & Genuine
- The worst brunch – Fork and Spoon
- The worst brunch expansion – Lucile's Creole Cafe