The advent of spring in Colorado is a magical time for beer drinkers. The warm weather provides ample opportunity for outdoor beer festivals and events as well as seasonal beer releases from a handful of your favorite breweries. This week, watch for the following events and releases.
- Spangalang Brewing Grand Opening: Thursday, April 9 marks a glorious day that we have all been waiting for: the Five Points new beer house is finally opening its doors. After a highly successful soft opening on Tuesday, April 7, the shiny new taps are ready to pour for the public.
- Living The Dream Brewing Crawfish Boil: This Saturday, April 11 Littleton's favorite new brewery will host a rockin' crawfish boil along with popular mobile food purveyor, Maine Street Barbeque. The brewery has a series of new events and beers on tap, including Bob Ross Paint N' Pint night on Mondays and Geeks Who Drink trivia on Tuesdays. Don't miss the "Tropical Mullet" Belgian golden ale brewed with guava and passion fruit at the crawfish boil this Saturday.
- Saison Fest at Trinity Brewing: The seventh annual Saison & Farmhouse Invitational will be held on Saturday, April 11 and will feature beers from some of our favorite breweries including TRVE, Upslope, Prairie, Wit's End, River North Brewing, and many more.
- Hogshead Road Passel: Thursday, April 9 marks the first night for the group cycling event of the summer. Beginning this Thursday, cyclists meet at Hogshead Brewery on 29th and Tennyson to partake in a thirty to forty mile group ride. Riders can enjoy a delicious English-style cask ale upon their return to the taproom.
- Pig Roast with Lucky Pie Pizza & Tap House and Epic Brewing Denver: In honor of Rockies baseball opening day this weekend, Lucky Pie in LoDo and Epic Brewing will be hosting a pig roast Friday, April 10. The event will be held at Lucky Pie and will feature five dollar cans of Epic beer. Nothing says opening day like piles of meat and craft beer in cans.
- Mockery Brewing Opening Day Celebration: Bring in your game day ticket before or after the Rockies game on Friday, April 9 to receive a beer on the house at Mockery Brewing in the River North district. Along with free beer, the new brewery will be providing live music and a sunny patio for sipping beers through the night.
- Rhythm & Brews at Diebolt Brewing Co.: Two Saturdays a month Sunnyside's Diebolt Brewing will host a live music and beer-drinking event for the masses. This Saturday, April 11 will feature Denver's own rock band, Hello Bourbon at the Diebolt taproom. Enjoy some award-winning brews and groovy tunes all day Saturday.