Heading to City Park's Jazz in the Park or a concert at Red Rocks? Pack a picnic like a pro from these local shops:
- Spinelli's Market: This Park Hill gem is the ideal spot to pack a picnic before Jazz in the Park on summer Sunday evenings. Spinelli's is a gourmet family-run Italian market and deli located in the heart of Park Hill. The sandwiches are nothing short of superb and there is no end to the sides and accoutrements to stuff your picnic basket with.
- Marczyk Fine Foods: With locations on 17th Avenue and East Colfax, Marczyk is a convenient neighborhood grocer showcasing high-end, specialty products. Both locations boast an in-house butchery program, scratch-made bread, and high quality artisanal picnic supplies. The grab-and-go sandwiches are some of the best in the city if you're packing a picnic in a hurry, or opt to order a signature sammy from Marczyk's deli counter.
- GoBistro: Throw a picnic together in no time at all with GoBistro's gourmet take-out concept, designed specifically to fit into busy, active lifestyles. The brick-and-mortar location is located on Broadway, but Go Bistro picnic products are also available at Pig Train Coffee in Union Station and in fitness clubs around town. To plan a picnic in advance, order online for quick and easy delivery. The cuisine is eclectic and fresh, with menu items like pad thai, roasted beet salad, and the Italian fresca sandwich. Don't forget to pack dessert from Go Bistro.
- Tony's Market: This one-stop-shop packs a mean picnic. Check out the weekly specials, which range from pork baby back ribs to Friday evening oysters. Make your next picnic a surf-and-turf experience with Tony's gourmet meats and seafood. For a lighter picnic, try one of the box lunch personal salads or Tony's bag lunch with a sandwich or wrap.
- The Truffle Cheese Shop: This specialty market located on 6th Avenue offers a wide selection of small-batch artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, and accoutrements. Pick up jams, jellies, freshly baked baguettes, and anything else necessary to accompany the fine cheeses in your picnic basket. The Truffle Cheese Shop will even provide you with a wicker picnic basket to take with you and fill it with everything necessary for a gourmet picnic experience.
- Western Daughters Butcher Shoppe: Western Daughters in the Highlands and RiNo's The Source is an excellent choice for in-house butchery and more. If your picnic includes access to a grill, the grass-fed burger patties and limited edition gourmet burger buns are an absolute must. Western Daughters offers more than just meats, with a selection of organic, seasonal produce and artisanal goods as well.
- Pete's Fruits & Vegetables: As indicated by its name, Pete's has a healthy display of produce to stuff your picnic basket with. This family-run Southeast Denver grocer is a long-standing neighborhood favorite. From rotisserie chicken, racks of ribs, local artisanal goods, grass-fed and organic cuts of meat, fresh corn on the cob, house-made sausages, to Greek specialties like olives and feta cheese, Pete's has what you need for the perfect summer picnic. Produce is affordable and service is always sunny.