- The Oceanaire is celebrating red, white and blue with a dinner for two from July 1 -7. This three-course menu plus a bottle of wine is available for $60 and offers selections including dishes like crab cake and tuna poke for the first course, black and blue salmon or fin and shellfish stew for the second course, and strawberry shortcake or baked Alaska for dessert. Wine selections include Campanile Friuli Grave Pinot Grigio or 14 Hands Columbia Valley Market.
Baur's Restaurant will serve unique homemade hot dogs at its booth at the Cherry Creek Farmer's Market on Saturday, July 4 and at the restaurant on Sunday, July 5 including: The New York dog topped with tomato relish, mustard and sauerkraut, the Oaxacan dog topped with bacon, black beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and queso blanco, and the Cubano dog topped with mojo pork, swish cheese, bread & butter pickles and mustard. Homemade ice cream with flavors like goat cheese and cherry, vanilla bean and salted caramel, and raspberry Meyer lemon sorbet will also be available.
- Lola Mexican Fish House is throwing a 4th of July barbecue and taco eating contest, the second annual edition. Specials will include 1/2 slab pork rib barbacoa with sweet habanero bbq sauce ($15), pollo asada with chile rojo ($15), and 1/2 dozen smoked chicken wings with lime and de arbol wing sauce ($13), all served with truck stop pickles, street corn, and jicama slaw. Bonus: $5 Blanco Coin Margaritas, $5 Palomas, $4 Post drafts, and $2 Tecate cans. The party starts at 2:30 p.m. with some rockin' tunes and the taco eating contest kicks off at 3:30 p.m.
- The Post Brewing Co. is hosting a 4th of July barbecue at its location at 105 W Emma Street in Lafayette. Expect specials like barbecue pork shoulder and ribs with cole slaw, baked beans, and cornbread for $15. There will be homemade cherry pie, whoopie pies, and more!
- You can celebrate Red, White and VIEW all weekend at either locations of the ViewHouse Centennial and Ballpark. On Friday, there is live music at both spots while Saturday, Under a Blood Red Sky - The U2 Tribute band will perform on at the Centennial location beginning at 7 p.m. Various specials will be offered throughout the weekend at both locations.
- If you find yourself in Vail, check out the celebrated 4th of July parade and fireworks, complemented by all that Vail summer has to offer on and off the mountain. The parade will begin at Golden Peak at 10 a.m. on July 4 and will wind its way through the villages, ending in Lionshead. Vail's parade is one of the most popular events during the Independence Day holiday. This year's parade theme is Celebrate the USA! Great Moments in American History. Awards will be presented to a number of parade category winners by Gallegos Corporation, celebrating their 45th Anniversary this year!
- Skip the cooking and pick up takeout from either the Corner Office and Second Home Kitchen. The Corner Office has put together a takeout picnic basket for $40. The basket serves 3-4 guests and includes house-smoked beef brisket, coleslaw, cornbread, house-baked beans, and old-school sodas. Second Home Kitchen has three pie flavors that are available for takeout: apple, cherry, and key lime. Each pie is $30.
- Another takeout options involves sausages from Wurstkuche. The restaurant and beer house is offering a $75 barbecue package that includes 16 bratwurst and buns, toppings, and mustard. The orders can be placed online here.
- In honor of Independence Day, Feisty Spirits is releasing its annual Red White & Blue Bourbon. This limited edition seasonal bourbon is made from 20 percent red corn, 20 percent white corn, 20 percent blue corn, rye and malted barley. $2 from each bottle is donated to Rebuilding America's Warriors, a nonprofit that provides reconstructive surgery to injured veterans right here in Colorado. Red White & Blue Bourbon is currently available for $48 a bottle at the Feisty Spirits tasting room and in select liquor stores.
Fourth of July Bonanza: Special Hot Dogs, Party Specials, Colorful Drinks
Get out and celebrate with a barbecue takeout pack from Wurstkuche and more.