The Denver FIVE, a nine year old concept created by Leigh Sullivan, revealed the class of 2016 today. These five popular and skilled Denver chefs, one of whom is always an alum of the group, will represent the Mile High City's culinary scene at special local dinners, as well as events at the Aspen FOOD & WINE Classic in June and a dinner at the James Beard House in New York City in October.
Without further ado, the 2016 FIVE roster:
- John Depierro, alum, co-owner at MiJo, inside Avanti Food & Beverage
- Dana Rodriguez, chef/owner at RiNo's Work & Class
- Alicia Luther, executive pastry chef at Black Eye Coffee
- Thach Tran, chef at Uncle Joe's Hong Kong Bistro
- Darrel Truett, executive chef at Barolo Grill
A beverage team that includes rockstar bartender Gerard Collier of Pinche Tacos and wine wiz Ryan Fletter, owner at Barolo Grill and CoMS advanced sommelier.