Colorado may just use any excuse to drink beer and Girl Scout cookies is the latest one. Breweries highlight the treats, incorporate them in their beers, and host events around pairing them. Here's where you can find some of these beer and cookie-crazy shindigs.
- Renegade Brewing will host a Girl Scout cookie pairing event on Wednesday, February 17, and again on Thursday, February 18, and Friday, February 19. Each evening of the nostalgic sweet treats and Renegade's badass beers will happen from 5 p.m. until close. Tickets are available for advanced purchase in the taproom for $10 or online for $12 and will include four different cookie/beer pairings.
- Stout Month steamrolls through Vine Street Pub during the month of February, bringing with it smaller events within the event, like the local Girl Scout troop that sets up shop inside the restaurant weekly throughout the month. There is no official pairing being hosted, but guests are encouraged to support the troop by buying their delicious cookies and create their own pairings with the stouts featured on tap. From Thin Mint Stout to Coconut Cream or Korova Cream stouts, the pairing options are endless here. For more information about when to catch the Girl Scouts in action at the pub, see the Facebook page or call 303.388.2337.
- Head up to Edwards outside of Vail for a fun Girl Scout cookie beer event with Crazy Mountain Brewing. The sweet event will be held on Thursday, February 12 from 5 - 8 p.m. in the taproom and will include a tasting flight of six different Crazy Mountain brews with six Girl Scout cookies for $12. For more information on the event, see online.
- If you need a break from the Girl Scout cookies but don't want to go cold turkey on the sweets entirely, look into Fiction Beer Company's beer and cupcake pairing on Valentine's Day. Share something sweet with your sweetheart as the popular Brewery teams up with Cake Crumbs Bakery for some sweet action. Guests can select from eight different beer and cupcake pairings. Check out the event's Facebook page for more information.
- For the ultimate in dessert beer pairings, look no further than the Sweetheart Soiree, held at Two22 Brew in Centennial with Stupid Awesome Food Truck. The soiree will be a practice in decadence - it costs $25 for one dessert flight and one beer flight. Dessert flight options include Chocolate Delight, Fruits of Passion and Assorted Desserts. The Sweetheart Soiree happens February 13 at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online.