Chef Alex Seidel of Fruition and Mercantile Dining & Provision just announced his collaboration with The FareTrade on a food-centric basket spotlighting Rocky Mountain cuisine through recipe video tutorials and samples of his favorite artisan ingredients. Starting right now, those excited for the offering will be able to buy the basket online for $65.
Here's what's inside the basket:
- Primo Specialty Foods Holiday Pumpkin Spread (Denver, CO)
- Fortuna Chocolate (Boulder, CO)
- Wine Forest Foods Dried Chanterelles (Napa Valley, CA)
- White Mountains Farms Alamosa Quinoa (San Luis Valley, CO)
- Bee Squared Rose Honey (Boulder, CO)
Seidel adapted signature recipes from his menus to incorporate these products, some of them sourced in Colorado. Among the recipes are wild mushroom risotto with parmesan broth and truffled egg yolk; bone marrow brulée with pumpkin spread, blue cheese, andBrazilian cheese bread; and seared duck breast with apple compote and brown butter. A video tutorial accompanies each recipe.
Earlier this year, The Fare Trade also collaborated with chef Kelly Whitaker on a similar basket.