Being entertained while dining is nothing new on the dining trends watch, but Denver comedians hope the milk (or beer) doesn't come blasting out your nostrils while you dine/drink at these fresh Denver comedy shows.
- Denver Ted's Cheesesteaks hosts a killer weekly comedy open mic on Thursdays. Comedians sign up to take the floor at 6 p.m. and the show goes on at 6:30 p.m. Denver Ted's runs food and drink specials throughout the night, including $2 Coors and discounted drafts. Check out the Facebook page for details on upcoming comedy open mics.
- Denver comedians say Reality Bites and offer and anecdotes and jokes to prove this stance at the Reality Bites Comedy Show, hosted by Lost Highway Brewing Co. every first and third Tuesday of each month. This live interactive biweekly comedy and beer experience will take participants through the ups and downs of a live Twitter feed streaming over episodes of trashy reality TV beginning at 8 p.m.
- The Squeaky Bean Bingo Brunch hosted by local live comedians has long been a fixture of the "funny food" scene here in Denver. Bingo Brunch runs every Saturday and Sunday from 12:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. and often features the stylings of local comedians.
- Head to Grandma's House Brewery the last Saturday of every month for Mara Wiles & The Funky Brunch - a comedy show complete with beer and food truck brunch stylings in the coziest brewery in town. The laughs usually get started around 2:30 p.m.
- Another noteworthy beer-drenched comedy event is the underground comedy cult classic, Arguments & Grievances held every third Sunday at Vine Street Pub & Brewery. Local comedians riff on themed debates starting at 10 p.m. This month's edition will of course feature the many stouts the pub has on tap for its world famous Stout Month.
- Metroboom is running a comedy showcase on Friday, February 19 at 8 p.m. with some of the hottest comedians on the Denver circuit. The bar staff at Metroboom will be cranking out hand-crafted cocktails to get the audience and the comedians juiced. For details on the event and the comedians, see the event's Facebook page.
- Denver comedians are ready to roast each other at a Nerd Comedy Roast event on Friday, February 26 at El Charrito Bar on 21st and Larimer. Sexpot Comedy presents the roast of Star Wars vs. Star Trek, and it will be a fight to the nerdy comedic death. The laughs will start rolling at 7 p.m. Visit the Facebook event page for details.
- Sunnyside Brewhaha is a new upcoming monthly comedy event held at Diebolt Brewing in the Sunnyside 'hood. On Friday, February 19 at 8 p.m., comedians will take the stage. The event is free and will naturally feature some great beer on tap by Diebolt.