Coloradans may have been elated with the Broncos victory in Super Bowl 50 on Sunday, but many furrowed a brow at quarterback Peyton Manning's liberal endorsement of corporate Bud beer in his post-game comments. Living in the land of microbrews, the Napa Valley of beer as many call Denver-Boulder-Fort Collins triangle, one would expect Manning's taste to be more refined.
Without making any proclamation on the quality of Manning's preference, the Brewers Association threw together a care package that may enlighten the record-breaking sports player. Colorado brews but also classic and approachable options from around the country were included alongside a letter of congratulations and appreciation for his hard work.
Wonder what he got? Here's the list:
- Black Bavarian (German-style Schwarzbier) | Sprecher Brewing Co. | Glendale, WI
- Apricot Blonde (Blonde Ale) | Dry Dock Brewing Co. | Aurora, CO
- Craft Lager (American Lager) | Upslope Brewing Co. | Boulder, CO
- Colorado Kolsch (German-style Kolsch) | Steamworks Brewing Co. | Durango, CO
- Racer 5 IPA (India Pale Ale) | Bear Republic Brewing Co. | Healdsburg, CA
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager (Vienna-style Lager) | Boston Beer Co. | Boston, MA
- Mojo IPA (India Pale Ale) | Boulder Beer Co. | Boulder, CO
- Sawtooth Ale Nitro (Extra Special Bitter) | Left Hand Brewing Co. | Longmont, CO
- Session Cream Summer Ale (Cream Ale) | Full Sail Brewing Co. | Hood River, OR
- Graham Cracker Porter (American Porter) | Denver Beer Co. | Denver, CO
There is certainly one more beer Manning needs to try, the Oatmaha from Factotum, a brew inspired by his now legendary play-calls.
What else should Manning sample from Denver's vast beer choices?