It's hours away: The first general election presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will take place at 7 p.m. MST today, Monday September 26. For 90 minutes, with no breaks, the two candidates will share their goals and policy plans to the delight and dismay of the millions of viewers watching the event that takes place at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.
Some Denver bars are inviting guests to enjoy some drinks and bites during the event:
- Prohibition will air the debate and it is offering Happy Hour until 7 p.m. which means $4 well drinks and drafts, $4 wines, and $5 appetizers. Specials will be available all night, including $3 tecates and $3 Peligroso tequila. Trivia night will start directly after the debate.
- "Make Americanos Great Again" happy hour available will be available all night at the RiNo Yacht Club featuring a special twist on an Americano from bartender McLain Hedges. Watch on the big screen and play debate bingo from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Comida is offering a special "Basket of Deplorables" taco trifecta both at the restaurant and in the common bar area.
- RiNo's neighborhood bar Jake's will also air the debate. Those in attendance can get a $10 burger and beer combo while watching.
- For the outdoor lovers, head over to Recess Beer Garden and watch the event with Waylon Lewis of the Elephant Journal and and #neweracolorado.
- The Henderson Lounge at the SIE Film Center is also airing the debate. The bar will be open with its regular offerings.