The day before Thanksgiving, the beloved and cultish Cherry Cricket, a burger and beer feel-good spot in Cherry Creek North had a fire that did enough damage to warrant the closure and a renovation. Now, fresh but not significantly changed, the Cricket announces a reopening complete with multi-dat festivities. The Cricket will re-open on Tuesday, April 11 at 11 a.m.
"Despite being cleaned up and brought back to its original state, The Cricket will remain the ‘black sheep’ of Cherry Creek North. We didn’t let any fancy restaurant designers anywhere near it, but we did spruce up the restrooms, which we don’t imagine anyone will complain about," said Lee Driscoll, co-owner of The Cherry Cricket. "We can’t wait to get back to what we do best – burgers, beer and of course, frings. As a thank you to the Denver firefighters who saved our beloved Cricket, we will offer a special Fire Belly Burger. For the month of April, $1 from every Fire Belly Burger sold will go back to the fire houses who helped us."
The Fire Belly Burger is a half-pound Cricket Burger with strawberry habanero cream cheese, fried onions and grilled jalapeños topped with tender pork belly and served on a sesame Kaiser bun.
Here’s the schedule for the six day celebration that will stretch through April 16.
● Tuesday, April 11 - A ribbon cutting at 11 a.m. will officially reopen the restaurant. There will be complimentary cake and sparkling wine throughout the day and night to celebrate being back in the game.
● Wednesday, April 12 - Bring in the family, hang with firefighters and help support Metro Caring! Anyone who brings in three or more cans of food will receive a free basket of fries. Additionally, the firefighters who helped The Cricket will be there from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., giving fire truck tours, taking photos and mingling with guests of all ages.
● Thursday, April 13 - To honor the three brave fish who lost their lives in the fire, The Cricket is holding a funeral at 5 p.m. Bagpipes and dancers will lead the procession and music will carry on into the evening. Make sure to order the fish and chips!
● Friday, April 14 - The infamous Broncos tailgating bus will be parked out front for guests to take tours and get a glimpse of the "Best Tailgate" trophy. A handful of best pictures from the day using #cherrycricketisopen tag will win an assortment of Broncos swag.
● Sunday, April 16 - The Cricket will be handing out Easter candy and anyone lucky enough to find a golden egg will get Easter lunch on the house!
The Cherry Cricket will operate from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. seven days a week.