Coloradans love their canine friends, and for many, bringing the dog along — to the mountains, to the grocery store, even to their favorite bar or restaurant — is a way of life. While certain breweries and restaurants in Denver don’t allow dogs, furry friends are still permitted in many outdoor dining areas (with some restrictions). That’s good news for dog-lovers, and with National Mutt Day coming up on July 31, it’s a good time to brush up on the latest dog-friendly events and patios in town:
- Get your paws on some pints with Paws & Pints at The Crafty Fox Taphouse + Pizzeria. on July 30 from 4-7 p.m. For $25, guests will score unlimited pizza and appetizers and three drink tickets courtesy of Lagunitas Brewing and Tito’s Vodka, along with live music and free doggie daycare from U Lucky Dog. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to 2 Blondes All Breed Rescue. Get more details on their Facebook event page.
- Find your puppy fix at Bruz Brewery, where their upcoming Pints & Puppies event promises a plethora of adorable pups available for adoption. You can also BYOD (bring your own dog), get samples of spent-grain dog treats by Barking Dog Beer Bones, and get yourself a pint of Dawg Daze IPA.
- Practice downward-facing dog at newly opened Bigsby’s Folly, where dogs are some of their favorite customers (after all, their mascot is a canine). Not only are dogs welcome on the patio, but events like the recent “Do Yoga, Drink Wine, Help Dogs,” yoga class offered donation-based yoga benefitting the Morris Animal Foundation. Find more events on their Facebook page.
- Party with your pup at Banded Oak Brewing Company, where dogs rule (even if they drool). The brewery recent hosted the inaugural BarkHappy Woof and Wag Dog Party, a benefit for MaxFund Animal Shelter. All dogs were offered canine-friendly frozen yogurt from The Bear and The Rat (humans got free scoop coupons from Little Man Ice Cream). Dogs are always encouraged on this patio, but in case you’d rather leave them with a sitter, BARK! Doggie Daycare + Hotel + Spa is right around the corner. Check out more events on their Facebook page.
- Bring man’s best friend to a dog-friendly patio near you, like Postino, where dogs are always welcome and you can score $5 glasses of wine until 5 p.m. daily. At Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar, there’s a special menu just for Fido, with dishes like scrambled eggs, biscuits, and ground beef and rice — even ice-cold filtered water. Dogs are also welcome on the newly opened patio at Olive & Finch Cherry Creek, with plenty of space for belly rubs and romping. For more dog-friendly spots, check out our pet-friendly patios map.