Get ready to add Fort Collins to that “To-Eat” list. A new mixed-use development is opening at the north end of Old Town, and it’s not messing around.
Food and drink tenants at The Exchange include Churn by Little Man (the storefront is a 30-foot ice cream churn bucket), Infinite Monkey Theorem, Chick’nCone (the Instagram sensation that brilliantly puts fried chicken in a waffle cone), Japango, and Vatos Tacos & Tequila. The Pizza Press, Colorado’s first iteration of the SoCal-based franchise, and the Fort Collins Donut Company (FoCo DoCo) are already serving.
About those donuts — they’re worth the drive alone, and they just so happen to be made by a robot. Yes, robot donuts are here, and they’re glorious. Current varieties include powdered sugar, strawberry rhubarb, and salted honey donuts. This summer, the robot will also make donuts with Palisade peaches and Colorado cherries.
Here’s a list of what else is coming to The Exchange and when to start eating (or drinking) it:
• The Pizza Press: Already open.
• Fort Collins Donut Company: The robot started cranking out donuts last week.
• Churn by Little Man: Opening in September.
• Vatos Tacos & Tequila: Will start serving later this month.
• Steamies Burgers: The Telluride-based steamed burger bar is coming in September.
• Chick’nCone: Expected to debut in October.
• Infinite Monkey Theorem: Alas, won’t be here until the end of the year.
• Japango: Opening early 2019.
• CopperMuse Distillery: It was already there, and it’s open during construction.