clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Bar Fausto Converts Into Gold Point This Summer

New owners take a 90 percent interest in the Five Points bar

Bar Fausto
Bar Fausto
Adam Larkey

Bar Fausto, the European-style bar with great drinks and small bites from chef Jonathan Power, goes through a renovation this summer to convert into Gold Point, “an homage to the old Gold Star Sausage Factory and the rich history of the Five Points neighborhood,” according to 303 Magazine.

That’s because the team behind Matchbox, 715 Club, and Squire Lounge bought a 90 percent interest in the bar, leaving Power with the remaining 10 percent.

The new space, opening late this summer, promises a DJ booth, couches, a revamped and a landscaped patio with fresh herbs, taking on more of a 715 vibe. Gold Point plans to team up with neighbor Goed Zur on new dishes.

Power, formerly at the Populist, opened Bar Fausto with Koan Goedman from Huckleberry Roasters in 2015, the same year Rob Corbari won the Bartender of the Year Eater Award while he was commandeering the stick at Bar Fausto.

All Coverage of Bar Fausto [ELV]

Huckleberry Roasters

4301 North Pecos Street, , CO 80211 (866) 558-2201 Visit Website

Squire Lounge

1801 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80218 (303) 333-9106

The Populist

3163 Larimer Street, , CO 80205 (720) 432-3163 Visit Website

Five Points

169 West Santa Clara Street, , CA 95113 (408) 982-5816 Visit Website

Bar Fausto

3126 Larimer Street, , CO 80205 (720) 445-9691 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Denver newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world